Entry Level Pre-Sales Engineer
Integrated Document Technologies (IDT) is a dynamic privately-owned company that has been in business for over 28 years. We are passionate about providing complete information management solutions through our consulting, software integration, implementation & support services. Our goal is to replace manual, outdated paper-based processes with modern, more secure and automated methods for managing business content. IDT is successful because of our unique expertise in delivering Content Services Platforms, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process Management, Case Management, Electronic Forms Solutions and Document Capture solutions to meet our customer’s needs. Our mission is to provide strong ROI driven solutions that are the most cost effective and efficient for our customer’s organizations. We strive to build mutually-beneficial, long-lasting relationships that enable our customers and partners to grow and prosper. Internally, IDT is a close community that fosters growth, support, collaboration, flexibility and fun!
IDT offers to employees, health insurance through BlueCross Blue Shield, 401K plan with matching company funds, competitive compensation, paid vacation, flex days and more.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Entry Level Pre-Sales Engineer position performs pre-sales engineering related duties under the direction of our Sales Department. This position works directly with primarily the sales team but also will likely interact with many departments within the organization as well as with assigned customers.
- Perform pre-sales engineering related duties under the direction of our sales team. Pre-Sales Engineering duties include:
- Act as the technical point of contact on standard customer engagements
- Coordinate customer pre-sales meetings and determine technical requirements
- Create a demonstration of the solution strategy, applying basic solutions and best practice knowledge
- Present demonstration of proposed solution to key customer stakeholders for validation and buy-in
- Coordinate meeting with IDT Solution Delivery services team to transition key information; remain actively involved in process to ensure seamless transfer of customer
- Compose internal documentation that fully reflects all activity related to the solution strategy
- Provide technical responses for request for proposals (RFPs)
- Consistently provide input on how to improve internal efficiencies; grow knowledge and be aware of best practices and market trends
- Participate in trade shows, conferences and events
- Work with Development in support of solution enhancements
- 4-year college degree with emphasis in Business or OMIS a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project
- Proven experience with complex data structures
- Technical Sales experience a plus
- Ability to identify, collect, and analyze business requirements
- Demonstrated experience solving analytical problems
- OnBase, Microsoft SharePoint, LaserFiche, FileBound, Kofax or other commercial grade document capture / document management software experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of general software implementation methodologies a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task as needed.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication with English as a first language.
- Demonstrate willingness to be in a continuous learning environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills with a commitment to detail.
- Positive and upbeat attitude while being proactive in identifying customer resolutions.
- Self-motivated & ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage projects to completion.
- Good collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with other areas.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use engaging, informative and compelling presentation methodologies.
- Speak or write with ease, clarity and impact, using a communication style appropriate to the subject and the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and gain the trust of others; effective at gaining consensus
- Driven to learn and stay current professionally
- Up to 50% travel time required
IDT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: Karen Hampton, HR Manager.
1009 W. Hawthorn Drive
Itasca, IL 60143
Phone: 630-875-1100 x307